Your Ad Here

Saturday, July 17, 2010

MATSURI


Today after returning home from work we went to the neighborhood matsuri (Japanese festival).
There were a lot of children and people dressed in the traditional Japanese summer attire. Of course we got the girls all dressed up as well. Manna really enjoyed dancing on the stage. We bought Tako yaki, shaved ice, and some toys for the girls. They really enjoyed the atmosphere with the taiko drums and Bon dance. We also ran into a few neighbors and friends.
Before we knew it, it was past eight and time to go.
Except for the sweltering humidity, I really enjoy Japanese summers!

3 comments:

  1. Steve and Yumi....Your girls are growing like weeds! Well more like beautiful cherry blossoms!
    That video made me smile. Anna looks so mature and Mana too.

    We pray for you guys...as far as a blog...I only have my photography blog...maybe I should incorporate family life in there too. Might as well, I take ENOUGH pictures of the two tornadoes! :o)

    Blessings!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for comment Irene. It`s nice that somebody actually comments to my blog. Most people just comment back on my emails.
    Time goes by so fast with kids, as I`m sure you know.
    Taking pictures really helps us look at our children objectively as well as cherish the moments we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, 「いまどこにいるの?」「ここ!」. That really was precious!

    ReplyDelete