Your Ad Here

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Always learning

One thing I can say about children, or at least about my children is that they want answers.  They ask a question and expect an answer, sometimes they are satisfied with mine other times they are surprised or disappointed.  Little children don`t need to use a textbook to learn about the world around them, they need interaction.  They need answers to their questions.

As a parent I have a role in supplying answers to my kids, but even I have a limit.  It is humbling to watch them on their quest to understand life and who they are.  So like them, I also need to be diligent in my attempts to learn, to ask questions, and to listen to those with authentic experience, those I trust.

Finding the right words is the big challenge I think for most parents, when it comes to answering their children`s questions, and for me I have to work on it in two languages. Yikes!!

3 comments:

  1. it's definitely very tricky... they can follow up with a string of 'Why(s)'this and that...but u are right, that makes us more alert n make ourselves ready for their jackpot questions...:D
    ~enjoy them while u can~

    cool blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow and comments SunnyLovesRain! I`m doing my best to enjoy them. They are growing so fast! One day they are babies, and then they are walking, then talking, then off to school!

    ReplyDelete