Your Ad Here

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Daughters are Not Wall Flowers


I came across this photo in my photostream on my Flickr account and it got me thinking about my children.  It was titled "Wall Flower" and I thought about the concept of a wallflower.  Still beauty or shy beauty certainly does not aptly describe my children.  They are constantly in motion bumping into things, running around, singing, jumping, playing doing about anything they can to get the attention they crave.

When it comes to the world outside,
they are not shy,
they are not well-behaved,
but they are to me, beautifully made.

I am surprised how easily they make friends and how their energy seems to be contagious to the other kids around them.  Some kids give energy and some require it to engage in play time.  My daughters are the stimulators, the first ones to go for the gusto, how they exhaust me and their mother.

Yet when I take a step back, I am amazed at the beauty of it all.  They are untainted and delicate, waking each morning to the world as pure children, unique in their ways. 

I only hope that as they develop that they learn to speak not only Japanese and English, but also that they learn to speak with wisdom and understanding.  I want them to understand the value of words and power of words. 

Eyes of those around them are watching them and when their time comes.  I hope they can share themselves in a way that is a blessing to those around them.

They might grow tired and sit down for a break, but they are far from your typical "Wall Flower".

6 comments:

  1. You have to love the flurry of activity in your kids. It's one of my favourite things about my daughter; the constant energy she always has.

    It's great that you're able to sit back and realize how wonderful that is. Too often parents get caught in the moment and forget to enjoy the wonderful personalities of their kids.

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some kids give energy and some require it … this caught my attention.

    Your daughters have the gift of giving to kids who otherwise may be friendless.

    Your family is blessed, and those who are touched by your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some kids give energy and some require it… This caught my attention.

    Your daughters have a gift of giving to kids who may otherwise be friendless.

    Your family is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments Maxi and Brittany. They are an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely kids with lovely names! Love it! They will only be young once. Grab every chance while you can because when they grow older, they'll have a world of their own with just a portion of space for their Mom. When that day comes, you won't regret you taught them sufficient enough and that small space will be treasured forever by them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I clicked the post button too early. Instead of "Mom" it is better if it is edited for both "Mom and Dad"! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete